Follow the Wildebeest Migration across the endless Serengeti Plains
A wildlife enthusiast and photographer’s dream, &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp is a world-class safari destination, home to Africa’s Great Wildebeest Migration. You can enjoy twice-daily game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles, and if the timing is right, you will witness the most unforgettable sight of two million wildebeest and zebra as they trek across the vast Serengeti plains in search of new grass.
From balloon safaris and photographic adventures, to romantic sundowners and breathtaking scenery, Grumeti offers an exceptional wildlife experience.
A DAY AT GRUMETI SERENGETI TENTED CAMP
At Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, the days are designed to thrill you with intimate wildlife encounters and the nights to indulge in the drama and romance of the Africa.
- Morning Game Drive - As dawn breaks over the Serengeti, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Set out in an open 4x4 safari vehicle in the company of your guide. If the Great Migration is passing through the area, your guide will catch up with it and attempt to catch the wildebeest crossing the Grumeti River. Even if the Migration is not in the area, the Grumeti region has excellent resident game. Your guide will break for a hot drink and a snack to refresh you
- Breakfast - Return to the Camp for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options. If you prefer, you can take a packed breakfast and prolong your morning game drive.
- Lunch - There's time for a quick siesta before lunch, which is served on colourful decks overlooking the river.
- Afternoon Tea - Cool off with a refreshing dip in the Camp's pool or watch the frolics of our resident family of hippo. Over a late afternoon tea, your ranger will discuss what you hope to see during the afternoon game drive.
- Afternoon Game Drive - Head off in search of the wildlife in the cooler late afternoon. The herds head out to drink before settling down for the night, while the predators are warming up for the night's hunting. Stop at a scenic spot for sundowners as the sun sinks beneath the endless plains.
- Dinner - Return to the Camp for a mouthwatering dinner prepared over traditional fires, jikos or in outdoor ovens. Relax around a blazing fire in the boma and discuss the adventures of the day before heading back to your tented suite.
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED AT GRUMETI SERENGETI TENTED CAMP
At Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, it is our passion to share our knowledge and understanding of the Serengeti and its inhabitants with our guests. Our highly trained guides will do their utmost to delight our guests on daily adventures:
- Twice daily game drives - explore the endless plains of the Serengeti on early morning and late afternoon / evening game drives in an open 4x4 safari vehicle. Morning game drives begin as the sun is rising and the nocturnal predators are ending their nightly hunts. There is always the chance of seeing a pride of lion lingering over last night's kill or a leopard relaxing on a branch where it has wedged its prey. The smaller denizens of the bush come to life as the daylight hours make it easier for them to spot any predators still on the prowl. In the late afternoon, sit in the midst of antelope, buffalo and elephant as they make their way down to the river, either singly or in herds, for a last, refreshing drink. When the Great Migration moves through the Grumeti area, game drives will concentrate on the massed herds and the various carnivores that accompany them. If the timing is right, guests may be lucky enough to witness the wildebeest crossing the Grumeti River, where some of Africa's largest crocodiles lay in wait.
Private Guided Tanzanian Safari
PRIVATE GUIDED TANZANIAN SAFARI
From $ 575 Per vehicle
Enjoy a personalised interpretive experience of Tanzania, staying at &Beyond's Kleins Camp, Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, Serengeti Under Canvas, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Lake Manyara Tree Lodge. A knowledgeable, professional Tanzanian guide will accompany you throughout your adventure.
Lake Victoria Full Day Trip
LAKE VICTORIA FULL DAY TRIP
From $ 300 Per vehicle (min 2 guests)
This full-day trip to the shores of Lake Victoria promises a combination of wildlife adventures, sightseeing, fishing thrills and cultural insight. Drive to the lake shore, with the option to stop and learn about the work of the &Beyond Foundation at Lukungu Primary School. On arrival at Lake Victoria, choose to set off on a fishing safari excursion in a traditional canoe, visit the traditional doctor, enjoy a local dance or simply admire the magnificent landscapes. A picnic lunch is served on the lake shore. A minimum one months notice required.
Hot Air Ballooning
HOT AIR BALLOONING
From $ 499 Per Person
View the Serengeti from above with this truly spectacular Hot Air Ballooning experience. Marvel at the views and wildlife from above as you enjoy this experience of a lifetime that will truly be with you forever. It is a rare and precious adventure never to be forgotten.